May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

We had an awesome Mother's Day at our house yesterday. Riley let us sleep in until 8:30am. Then, Daddy let me sleep in longer while he got up with Riley, fed her breakfast and played downstairs with her. I got to read a little in my book and then took a nice, LONG, hot shower. It was blissful!

After that, we headed out to Lake Benson Park for a family playdate with Michelle and her gang, Bryson's family and Hannah's family. The weather was gray and cool to start out with, but by the afternoon the sun had come out. We had a picnic lunch, played on the swings, jungle gym and with bubbles. 

When it was clearly time to leave and let Peanut nap, we headed home. Daddy got some yardwork finished while I managed to get the last of the plants in the garden. (We have 15 tomato plants in the ground right now. Fifteen.) 

As if that wasn't enough, I got to read more of my book and snooze the rest of the afternoon while Daddy and Riley had some time together. Daddy cooked dinner and then it was bath/bed time. It was such a wonderful day and we all had a great time. 

I really am fortunate to have such a fabulous family. 

No comments: