February 10, 2009

Recovering

We're slowly recovering from a nasty cold bug. Riley started with it on Friday morning and I quickly followed suit. Runny nose, cough, congestion, sinus pain... the whole nine yards. Peanut seems to be dealing with it better than mom is, but that's to be expected. She's always been a happy baby. I'll be glad when I don't feel like ripping my head off my shoulders and replacing it! 

Sunday night was miserable as Riley was awake and screaming from 6-10pm and would NOT go to sleep. We tried everything we had in our arsenal. I even pulled out the pacifier that night. She eventually drifted off after a fitful bottle. Mom collapsed into bed (wouldn't you know that it was also a night where only mom would do...) and tried to get some rest, but we were all up again around midnight with round #2.

Last night was much improved. Riley only woke up at 6:30pm and played until about 8pm then slept the remainder of the night. Mom finally took some cold medicine and slept beautifully until 5:45am when Peanut woke up for the day.

It also appears that Riley is starting to wean herself from nursing. I'm hoping that it's just the extra congestion making it difficult for her, but the lowering supply isn't helping matters either. Good thing she's always taken a bottle easily. 

We're working our way through more and more finger foods. Yesterday, Peanut enjoyed a banana, hot dog, baked beans and macaroni salad for lunch. So far, so good!

Next week, we'll be attending a sign language class. It runs 2x/week for 2 weeks for a total of 4 classes. It's just an intro class, but I'm excited. We don't use the signs as consistently as I'd like to. I'm hoping that the class will renew our spirit and help us focus a bit more. Plus, we'll get to spend some more time with all our friends, like Bryson and Katie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you both feel better ---she you on Thursday!